Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Today is Tuesday, April 23, 2013, and it is the day before I leave on a cross-country road trip with me, myself and my two cats, Chester and Bellie. I am leaving the Bay Area after living here for about 17 years. Coincidentally, I am also leaving behind a 17-year career as a plaintiffs' litigation attorney. Right now, I am one part me, and many parts unknown. So, tomorrow morning, I will load up myself and my cats into my Subaru and head out on the road. Unlike Kerouac, I am not leaving any dependants behind, and I am a progressive, 21st century, middle aged woman rather than a mid-20th century chauvinist. Like Kerouac, however, I write and think and dharmatize for fun. I may even party like Kerouac -- at times -- with large intervals in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment